Ingredients (to make 12 wonton parcels)
- 1 apple, sliced
- 25g butter, melted
- 100g dark chocolate, 12 pieces
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- icing sugar, to serve
Preheat oven to 180ºC (fan-assisted 160ºC). Grease and line two baking trays and set aside.
Lay 12 of the wonton wrappers on a bench. Place a slice of apple and a piece of chocolate in the centre of each of these wonton wrappers.
Brush the edges with water and top with another wonton wrapper and press the edges to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers to create 12 parcels.
Place the parcels on baking trays. Brush the tops with melted butter and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden.
Serve with a dusting of icing sugar.
This recipe is easily altered to suit your tastes or what is in season. Try the below combinations by substituting these ingredients:
- Sliced banana and milk chocolate and sprinkle the top with ground nutmeg.
- Crushed raspberries with dark chocolate and sprinkle the top with chilli powder.
- Sliced strawberries with white chocolate and sprinkle the top with cracked pepper.
- Sliced mango with milk chocolate and sprinkle the top with ground ginger.