If you work in the chocolate industry, then you’re probably already aware that the Academy of Chocolate Awards 2011 is coming up very soon.
This year, I’ve been asked to be on the organising committee for the awards, which is not only a great honour, but will hopefully help us to reach a wider audience than ever before. To that end, I’d like to put out a request to all the fabulous chocolate makers and chocolatiers that read Chocablog to enter your chocolates into the awards!
There are ten categories:
- Golden Bean – Best Dark Bean To Bar
- Best Flavoured Dark Chocolate Bar
- Best Milk Chocolate Bar – Bean To Bar
- Best Flavoured Milk Chocolate Bar
- Best Filled Chocolate – Flavoured Or Plain
- Best Dark Truffle (Unflavoured)
- Best Milk Truffle (Unflavoured)
- Best Drinking Chocolate
- Best Packaging – Bars
- Best Packaging – Filled Chocolate
The awards are open to producers anywhere in the world, so if you make something that fits into one of those categories, please do consider entering. I’d love to see as wide a range as possible, and hopefully a few surprises!
You can get find more details of the awards and what’s required here, and you can download a PDF entry form here. If you’ve got any other questions about The Academy or the awards, contact Kate Johns at email@example.com.