We like to bring you special features, interviews, videos and factory tours whenever we can. We report from chocolate festivals,
tasting events and even get to chat up the odd celebrity. But as long as it's chocolate related, we'll write about it!
The other day I was given the opportunity to interview Angus Thirlwell, co-founder of Hotel Chocolat. As it turned out our chat lasted about an hour and the time passed remarkably quickly. Angus is a thoroughly engaging and easygoing chap, …
Yesterday, the UK Chcoablog contingent all headed down to the Chocolate Unwrapped show at London’s swanky May Fair hotel.
Many Chocolate Week participants were in attendance, and despite everything being in a single function room, I still managed to spend three …
As part of our Chocolate Week celebrations, I caught up with Jennifer Earle, founder of London’s Chocolate Ecstasy Tours.
Tell us about Chocolate Ecstasy Tours. What does a Tour involve?
“Lots of chocolatey deliciousness! Chocolate Ecstasy Tours is about showing …
Kirsten Tibballs is one of Australia’s most respected and talented chocolate and pastry chefs, and runs the Savour Chocolate and Patisserie School with fellow expert Paul Kennedy. This diminutive pocket-rocket won the 2004 World Championships for her hand made …
Last week, Simon and I were lucky enough to be invited to The Academy of Chocolate awards in London. The event took place in London’s swanky Arts Club, and was a rather quirky affair – half informal champagne party, half …
- It’s time for another Chocophile – that time of the week where we drag interesting people from the street and subject them to our own unique brand of waterboarding (with melted chocolate of course).
This week, we’ll be interrogating comedienne, …
If someone invites you to visit one of ‘the most comprehensive chocolate showrooms in Melbourne’ you’re not going to say ‘no thanks,’ are you?
And so one nice morning I met Oliver Dede and Rainer Sandmann of Premier Food and Beverages …
- It’s Chocophile time once again. The time of the week where we stalk interesting people before extracting them from their daily lives and subjecting them to intensive questioning about their chocolate consumption.
This week, we’ve been stalking Veronica Belmont. Host Revision …
- Dom Joly is not just the name I give myself on a happy day. Dom is an evil comic genius and mastermind of Trigger Happy TV.
For this week’s Chocophile, we tracked him down and rang him on his oversized mobile …
- Yes it’s Chocophile time again. That time of the week where we find interesting people and question them about their chocolate eating habits for no apparent reason!
This week, we have singer/songwriter Jonathan Coulton. He may like eating people’s brains, but …
One of the most interesting things about having been blogging about chocolate for three years is looking back to see how the big chocolate companies have changed as people’s tastes become more sophisticated.
One of the biggest changes we’ve seen over …
- Yes, it’s that time of the week where we go abduct random people we’ve seen on TV and interrogate them about their chocolate-eating habits. This time we put the spotlight on actress Clare Wilkie – best known for her roles …
Max Brenner has been a worldwide phenomenon that has managed to escape my attention until recently, as I mistakenly assumed it was too posh to enter. His website seems to either reveal very little or freeze up, so I …
- Yes it’s Chocophile time again! Today we’ve dusted off our oversized comfy chair and aimed our surveillance cameras squarely at Big Brother host Davina McCall.
Let’s see how she likes it….
Milk, dark or white:
Favourite childhood chocolate:
Fruit or …
- It’s Chocophile time again, and this time we’ve tracked down and strapped down actress Felicia Day (Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Dr. Horrible, The Guild). Well someone has to.
Actress, Filmmaker, Geek
Milk, dark or white:
Dark if it’s solo, milk …
- It’s time for another in our Chocophile series – where we drag interesting people off the streets and interrogate them about their chocolate-eating habits.
This week we’ve collared XFM DJ Eddy Temple-Morris….
Facebook / Myspace
Milk, dark or white:
An Interview with Thomas Schnetzler, Lindt’s Maître Chocolatier for Australia
Swiss-born and raised Thomas Schnetzler chose a patisserie and confectionery apprenticeship and after completing his mandatory Swiss army service a month shy of his twentieth birthday, found himself in Melbourne. …
- This is the first in a regular series on Chocablog, where we discretely follow interesting people (from a safe distance) before sending our agents in to apprehend and question them on their chocolate eating habits.
We start with actor and presenter …
Simon and I celebrated Chocablog’s third birthday on Tuesday by visiting one of the UK’s top chocolatiers in his Islington shop. Paul A. Young started out as a pastry chef but now has two shops in London and plans to …